in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, April 22, 2018

ARC Review: The Maiden by Celia Aaron


The Maiden is the first book I have ever read by Celia Aaron, but as soon as I read the blurb for this series I knew I had to read it. I was drawn in right from the start and couldn’t put this book down! I am addicted, and I can’t wait for more!! 

I will warn readers that this book will definitely have some triggers for some, so please proceed with caution if that could apply to you. The Maiden is the first book in the Cloister series, and it does end with a cliffhanger. I think it is definitely worth the read though, and i’m already anxious for more. 

She was looking for answers when she joined the Cloister, but she had no idea just what all was hidden behind the facade they project. Now that she is in, she has been given a protector, Adam, one of the Prophet’s sons. But she soon realizes that while her protector is supposed to help guide and protect her from the evil in the world, the evil she actually needs protection from is inside The Cloister. She finds herself drawn to Adam, even though she knows she should stay away from him as much as possible. But if Adam finds out the real reason she is there, everything she has worked for could be for nothing. 

I loved the dynamic between Adam and Delilah. They were both drawn to one another, though they each knew that they shouldn’t be for so many reasons. They couldn’t help what they felt for one another though, and as the more they were around each other the more they began to realize that they had no choice in the matter and that it was dangerous and could be their undoing. The chemistry between them was off the charts, and I couldn’t get enough. While I knew deep down that I shouldn’t want them to be together, I was just like them and unable to fight it as I felt like they were supposed to be together. There was something about each of them that just worked with the other, and it was as if they were always supposed to find one another. 

I will say that there were some rough parts to get through, and that is where it could have some triggers for readers. There were so many things that happened with the maidens and I felt for them. I can’t even imagine being put through what they were, and it isn’t for the faint of heart. Delilah has such a strength to her that I cannot wait to see what happens next! The end of this book left me hungry for more and I cannot wait for the next in this series, The Prophet. I might have been new to Celia Aaron before this book, but I am a huge fan now and can’t wait to go back and read more from her. The Prophet and The Church can’t get here fast enough, The Maiden is a must read!

**ARC Provided by IndieSage PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment