in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 9, 2017

ARC Review: A Girl Like Me by Ginger Scott


A Girl Like Me is the second book in the Like Us series by Ginger Scott, and I couldn't wait to read this one after enjoying the first in the series. This book is not a standalone and needs to be read only after you have finished A Boy Like You. While I was excited to read this book, it took an unexpected turn and unfortunately that didn't work for me.

This book picks up where the first one left off. Joss is heading to look for Wes and to learn more about her mom. While she does start to learn more about her mom, she still hasn't found Wes and she finds herself with more questions than when she started. Soon she discovers that there are more secrets in her life than she could have ever guessed.

I don't want to go into too much of the story so as not to spoil it for those interested in reading, but I do think that readers should know (since I didn't!) that this book takes a paranormal turn. While there were a few things in the first book that could be a kind of hint, this pretty much came out of nowhere and didn't work for me. It all just kind of felt out of place, and what started off as a contemporary NA sports romance quickly turned into what felt like the author throwing everything and the kitchen sink in and hoping that it would work...and for some it might.

The other problem I had was that this book was slow paced and overly detailed, to the point that I kept losing interest and was forcing myself to finish. With the sudden turn and the pacing, this one was unfortunately not what I had been expecting at all and I wish I had known before starting the duet. While I have loved Ginger's books in the past, this series wasn't my favorite. I would still read more from her in the future, and I recommend giving these a shot if they sound like ones you might be interested in.

**ARC Provided by Wordsmith Publicity**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment