in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 19, 2017

ARC Review: Shade's Lady by Joanna Wylde


Ok, so I'm a crazy nutso Joanna Wylde and the Reapers MC romance series fan. I've read every book from this series and probably every other book from this author. So my 5 stars is a little biased. I'm inclined to love just about anything in this series and I was not disappointed with Shade's Lady. The other thing I want to say is that this is a novella done right! There are so many authors out here writing "novellas" that are really just unfinished chapters in books. And that annoys the hell out of me. A novella is a complete story with action, conflict and resolution. This book had it all and the author got it done in a few pages.

Shade is the National President of the Reapers MC. Mandy has been working at the local MC bar and dating one of the super douchey members of one of the riding clubs (so not a real MC). Mandy does not intend for her "relationship" with Rebel to be anything serious. Mandy also doesn't intend for stupid butt Rebel to try to trade her to Shade for a bike. I won't give away the details but needless to say, neither Mandy nor Shade were happy when they found out what the deal was. Shade is everything I love about Joanna Wylde heroes. Shade is super alpha, bossy, fearless and possessive without being clingy or weird. I liked Mandy too. Mandy was gutsy and didn't mind getting her hands dirty when the occasion called for it.

I appreciated the fact that Mandy was in town to help her sister. I have a sister and I'm always down to see sister love and bonding. I didn't really understand why it didn't occur to Mandy to tell Shade first when her and her sister were in trouble but it worked out. Mandy was stuck on this whole thing about how she couldn't be with someone like Shade. He was the opposite of the stability that she was hoping for and starting a relationship with someone who had to travel all the time just didn't seem like a good idea to her. Look, this was a novella, so we didn't have much time. I really needed Mandy to move through her issues a bit quicker. The only other minor criticism I have of this book is that I would have liked to see more chapters from Shade's POV. There were a few chapters but most of the book is told from Mandy's POV.

You know you can count on Wylde for some Wild sex. Ha! That was good LJ! Whatever, this is a great novella. If you're an MC fan, a Wylde fan or just looking for something quick and fun, give this a try.

**ARC provided by InkSlinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon |


0 comments :

Post a Comment