in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

ARC Review: Ripple Effect: Episode 3 by Keri Lake


OMG!!!!! This book is ridiculously, insanely good. It is dark and twisty just like the two that came before it in the series but oh so good. Episode 3 picks up right where Episode 2 leaves off. Even though Episode 2 represented the beginning of the sexual relationship between Dylan and Rip but Episode 3 represents the beginning of the...more.

In Episode 3 we get a lot more information about the background of both Dylan and Rip. Honestly I just didn't know how to feel about Dylan. She only just turned 18 in book 2 and her life has been so awful. Dylan has been abused by nearly every adult in her life and it was just really hard to read some of it. On the other hand, Dylan continues to be one of the most dynamic characters I have ever read about. Dylan sees Rip the way nobody else has been able to and she responds to what he needs and not just what he says he needs. 

In this book Rip's obsession with Dylan grows and morphs into something even deeper. Rip is kind of a psychopath so I'm not entirely sure what love would be to him but it is clear that Dylan belongs to Rip. Even though Rip continuously tries to fall back on the monetary nature of his relationship with Dylan when she pushes back at him and challenges him, he refuses to let her go. Dylan's honesty with Rip was as compelling as his struggle to trust is.

Ok, hang on to your hats because there is a lot of action in this book. I'm just starting to get how things between the Marchetti issue and Enzo tie together with Rip. In this book there is a really unexpected twist that leaves us dangling off a serious cliff at the end. When I realized I was on the last page, I actually screamed NOOOOO! It didn't really change anything but I got the shout out of my system. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the writing of these books. Every installment just keeps getting better and sucking you more into the world of Dylan and Rip.

I have one note to the author: I don't understand Episode 1. I almost didn't keep reading this series because of Episode 1. There isn't enough information about the relationship between Dylan and Rip in Episode 1 to give you a good idea of where this series is headed. I never would have known this series would progress the way it has based just on Episode 1. I would strongly suggest that Episode 1 and 2 be combined so the reader knows what they are in for. I would just hate for people to give up on this series because the first Episode didn't give them enough information to keep going.

**ARC provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon |


0 comments :

Post a Comment