in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 19, 2017

ARC Review: Hard Wired by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell


I was so excited for Cherry and Garvy's story and couldn't wait to dive into Hard Wired by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell. The Cyber Love series is one of my favorites, and Hard Wired was everything I had hoped it would be! While this is the third installment in the Cyber Love series, each book is a standalone with interconnected characters. While you can read this without having read the others, I highly recommend starting at the beginning though as these books are fantastic!

Cherry and Garvy have known each other online for awhile now, but as mod's for Kai's channel, everyone has always assumed that sweet Cherry was a girl. When the two are set to speak at a conference in Kai's place, Garvy is looking forward to meeting Cherry even though he hasn't heard from Cherry when he tried to make contact beforehand. But when he meets the sexy dark artist Cerise, he decides to spend the night exploring his strong attraction to him, now that he has admitted that he is into other guys. But when he shows up for the panel the next morning, he is shocked to realize that Cerise and Cherry are one and the same. After the conference they return home, and soon begin to wonder if everything should go back to the way things were or if there is something there between them worth exploring. 

I absolutely loved Cherry and Garvy. I have been fans of them from the beginning, even when Garvy was a bit of a jerk at times and clearly into Kai. But I really enjoyed getting to know these two here and seeing what made them tick. They were great for one another, and I loved how they had things in common but were really different as well. The chemistry between Cherry and Garvy was so hot, and I couldn't get enough of them together. I loved that they were so much more than just physically attracted to one another though, and that their connection was so strong.

The one thing that kept this book from being a five star read for me though, was the fact that there were some issues between them when it came to Cherry's persona Cerise. I felt like while they came to a point they could move forward, that things weren't entirely resolved. It just wasn't fully dealt with and was sort of brushed under the rug. I would have liked for them to have been more on the same page about things there. I really did enjoy this book though, and despite my criticism I think that this book might be my favorite of the series yet. I just loved everything about these two, and I highly recommend it!

**ARC Provided by Alpha Book Club**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment