in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 5, 2017

ARC Review: Daring to Fall by T.J. Kline


Daring to Fall is the first book that I have read from T.J. Kline, but it won't be my last. I was immediately drawn in with this gorgeous cover and will admit that I really didn't pay much attention to the blurb. It just looked so good that it made me want to read it, and I am really glad I did. I was engaged right away and enjoyed reading this new to me author. 

Emma returns home after the death of her father to run the animal sanctuary that is his legacy. But when things start happening and it appears that someone is out to shut her down, Hidden Falls' sexiest fireman Ben McQuaid starts to ask questions. The more Ben digs, the more he must decide if he can keep his loyalty to Hidden Falls separate from his growing feelings for Emma. But can they figure out what is going on and have a chance at something together, or will they soon find out that the game they are playing could destroy everything?

I loved Ben right away! He was sweet and sexy and one of those guys that is just genuinely good. I couldn't get enough of him and he was definitely a hero worth rooting for. I will admit that it took me a bit to warm up to Emma, not that I didn't like her I just found it kind of hard to relate to her. She had some issues that she was dealing with and that made it hard for me to connect with her. These two had chemistry and a growing connection, but this was definitely a slow build romance, with things taking time between these two. While I enjoyed that to some extent, I would have liked to have seen more of the focus here on these two and not just what was going on around them. 

While I enjoyed the story overall, I did think that the slow build of the romance and the fact that much of this story was about Emma and the sanctuary kind of kept me from loving the book. I am more of a romance reader, and while it was there at times it felt secondary to the rest. I prefer to have the romance a bit more front and center than it felt here. But I did enjoy it and Ben is definitely worth the read. I am curious to go back and read the first book, and I would read more from T.J. Kline in the future. This was a good read, and I think if readers know that this is a bit light on the romance side going in that a lot of readers will enjoy it.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment