in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 15, 2017

ARC Review: Claiming the Billionaire by JM Stewart


Claiming the Billionaire is the fourth book in the Seattle Bachelors series from JM Stewart. This book is a standalone, though the books are interconnected. You don't need to have read the previous books to understand or enjoy this book, though fans of the series will enjoy getting to know these characters better as well as seeing familiar faces. 

Three years ago, Tyler Benson walked out of Cassie's life. He headed off to the middle east, and though he was captured and held for three years, he thought of her every day. Having heard that Tyler was captured and killed, Cassie has turned her jewelry business into a successful company and is determined to keep her focus on work and moving forward with her life. But just as she is thinking of moving on, Tyler returns and changes everything. Tyler is determined to win her as a date at a bachelorette auction, knowing that she will have to talk to him and give him a chance. But can Cassie keep her heart locked up against Tyler this time around, or will he get under her skin once again and show her that they belong together?

I will admit that I struggled with Cassie. I think that she handled Tyler's return very poorly, acting immature and thinking of only herself at times. It definitely would have been shocking to see him after everything that had happened, but I just had a hard time with her actions. Tyler was struggling with PTSD and was clinging to what had kept him alive throughout his time in an Afghan prison and I felt for him and all that he had been through. Which is a lot of why I had issues with Cassie and how she acted towards Tyler. I felt like he deserved better at times and it was hard for me to warm up to her. These two were hot together and it was clear that they each cared about one another. 

Overall, this was a story about second chances. Not only in love but in life as well. I really liked Tyler and felt invested in him right away. I can't imagine going through what he did and having to come back and face moving forward. I felt like Stewart did a great job addressing the PTSD and showing how he healed and grew over the course of the book. I just wish I had been able to like Cassie more, as I think that would have made this book one that I loved rather than just liked. Still a good story, but Tyler was definitely what kept me reading this one. If you are a fan of this series, I think you will enjoy this one. If you are new to the series though, I still think that this one is worth taking a chance on.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon  | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment