in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 3, 2016

ARC Review: Forever Tattooed by Alicia Rae


Forever Tattooed is the third and final installment in the Tattooed Billionaire series by Alicia Rae. This book continues the story of Damien and Raelyn and should only be read after Tattooed Emotions and Tattooed Scars. If you haven't read those yet, make sure you start there and are aware that there will be spoilers in this review for those two books. I have been waiting for this book since the minute that I finished Tattooed Scars, and I needed to see how things would end for these two. While I was ultimately happy with where they ended up, I am torn about this book itself.

Raelyn has made it through her health scare, but she is different from the woman she once was. As she struggles to regain her life and ease back into her career, she longs for Damien to finally open up to her. Damien would do anything for Raelyn, but the one thing he plans on never doing is revisiting his past. He knows that if Raelyn knew the truth, that she would leave him and he knows that he can't lose her. But will Damien's inability to fully let Raelyn in be what causes him to lose her once and for all, or will he finally open up to her about his past so that they can have a future together? 

I have loved Raelyn and Damien since the very start of this series, and that wasn't any different here. These two are absolutely meant to be together, and have had more than their share of obstacles thrown their way. I wanted nothing more than for them to finally get their HEA, but I knew that it wouldn't be easy. While I loved that things finally seemed to be resolved with Raelyn's health, I hated that Damien continued to hold back when it came to letting Raelyn know about his past. He was so scared to lose her, and yet he didn't seem to realize that they love they had was strong enough to withstand anything but his inability to let her in. What I hated the most was that when it came down to it, he never did open up to her until his hand was forced. Raelyn should have found out from Damien what he had been through, not through someone else and that made me lose some respect for his character. These two still had a lot of chemistry and a stong connection, but I just wanted him to finally let her in and it just felt like he never actually did it because he loved her but instead because he had to. 

My other problem with this book is that while we did finally get closure, it felt like this book wasn't entirely necessary. There was a lot that felt like it could have been condensed here, and much of it dragged on. Even though I love these characters, I was a bit disappointed with this final chapter in their story. I think that their story could have easily been resolved in a couple of books or even a couple of books and a novella. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoyed this series and how things turned out for all the characters. But this book felt as though much of it was filler or content to stretch the story out and it could have been much shorter. Alicia Rae is still a go to author for me when it comes to contemporary romance, and if you like sweet and heartfelt romance novels you definitely need to check her books out.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment