in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

ARC Review: Twelve Truths and a Lie by Christina Lee


I have read and several books from Christina Lee, but if I am honest the last few I have read from her haven't been my favorites. Something about the cover of this book really drew me in though, and honestly I didn't even really read the blurb before starting. While I did like things in this story, this book left me wanting and I just felt like it was missing something. 

Though Aurora Jones appears to have it all, the one thing that is missing is a good love life. She has had terrible luck with men and hasn't been single since she was a teenager so she decides to take a 12 month break from dating. Cameron Miller has had a bad year and has spent his time drowning his sorrows in booze and women. So when his friends finally get through to him, Cameron decides to focus on his job and straighten out his life. Cameron and Aurora agree to hang out once a week, as members of their own chastity club. But when Cameron asks Aurora to be his fake date to an event his ex is attending, things begin to change as sparks fly between them.

I liked both Cameron and Aurora. I thought that they worked well together and were a good fit. They had chemistry and were developing a connection that was easy to see. My problem was that things just felt kind of shallow and I wanted more. I think that there was a lot of potential for a great story here, but things didn't seem to go beyond surface deep. 

I started to get invested more in what was going on around them and other characters, and I wish that I had felt that same way about Cameron and Aurora. While it wasn't my favorite of Christina Lee's, I did enjoy it and I am glad I read it. I will definitely read more from her in the future, and I think if this one sounds like something you might like that it is worth taking a chance on.

**ARC Provided by Bocci PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment