in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 28, 2016

ARC Review: The Reason for Me by Prescott Lane


I have read a few books by Prescott Lane now, and I have really enjoyed each one. She is one of those authors that I really believe that not enough people know about. Her stories are heartfelt and emotional, and The Reason for Me was no exception. She once again drew me right into the story and I didn't want to stop reading. 

Annalyse has used her career as a freelance writer to run since a tragedy happened on Halloween five years ago. Tired of running though, Annalyse finally decides that she is ready to think about staying put and putting down some roots. Holt has his own reasons for not pursuing any type of relationship, but when they meet everything changes. Holt thought she was a dream, but little did he know that she was living next to him and nothing would ever be the same. 

I really liked these characters and felt so much for them. Each of them had so much that they were going through and they were really different. Annalyse was so strong and I was so curious about what had happened that had shaped her life. Holt was great as well and I really liked him for Annalyse. I will admit that I was a bit worried at the beginning about whether or not I would like him as he came off as a bit too bossy in the beginning, but that changed and I ended up really liking these two together. They had great chemistry as well, and you could feel that attraction just as strongly as you could their growing connection. 

Overall, this was a great story. I don't want to get into too much of it because this one is best if experienced rather than told. Trust me you don't want to know much about this one before just diving in and experiencing it. Prescott Lane is a great writer, and Annalyse and Holt's story might be my favorite from her yet. I recommend giving her books a shot if you haven't read anything by her yet, and The Reason for Me is a great place to start. I know this won't be the last I read from her and look forward to seeing what she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | 





1 comments :