in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Feature: Weeds or Wishes by Morgan Reeves



Sometimes the truth hurts more than the lie.

Samantha Townsend knows a thing or two about love. She’d had it not once, but twice, and watched it slip through her fingers both times. But she got through it. She was always the silver lining kind of girl. Life never gives you more than you can handle.

Right?

When Sammi moves back to her old town, she’s faced with the one who got away. The first love. The big love. Connor Moore was everything she’d ever wanted in a boy. And now that they’re all grown up, she’s finding that she loves the man even more.

But some secrets are so big they break lives. And some truths are so hard that they can’t be overcome. When the weight of their decisions makes itself known, Sammi and Connor will need to decide how far they’re willing to go to find their happily ever after.

If it even exists.

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


He drew in a deep breath and blew it out heavily. “May I kiss you?”

I blinked stupidly. I don’t think I’d ever been asked if I could be kissed. Not outright like that. It was… endearing. Sweet.

I hesitated for a long time, my gaze flicking back and forth over his features. One kiss. Only one. I wanted it with a fierceness that surprised me. A single kiss wasn’t enough to change my mind. It wasn’t going to leave me head over heels in love with this man. It’s safe, my heart insisted, overpowering my brain. I smiled.

“Yes, Connor Moore. You can kiss me.”

His mouth was on mine almost before I’d finished speaking. He pressed me back against the car. One hand came up to cradle my neck and tilt my face up, and the other settled at my hip.

This kiss was a dramatic counterpoint to the other we’d shared. It was filled with slow, sweet ardor that built and built until I thought it was going to set me aflame. His lips moved against mine perfectly, a firm, soft glide that set my heart racing. My eyes fluttered closed as I pressed closer and twined my arms behind his neck as he deepened the kiss. I tasted the stars. Someone moaned. Him or me, I couldn’t even tell. But he gained a sudden urgency with the sound, and his hand tightened at my hip. His teeth grazed my bottom lip, and I gasped as liquid heat seared through me.

Jesus, I thought, dazed. My legs aren’t going to hold. How the heck does he do that with one kiss?

Morgan Reeves is the author of the Never Ever After series. When she isn’t writing, Morgan chases around two energetic minions and tries to convince her loving husband that a miniature pig would make a great pet. She is also extremely fond of iced tea and hot coffee. You can find her books on all major retail sites, and she always loves to hear from readers so feel free to send her a message through Facebook at www.facebook.com/authormorganreeves. Morgan currently lives in Raleigh, NC.


0 comments :

Post a Comment