in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, August 18, 2016

ARC Review: Neighbor Dearest by Penelope Ward


Neighbor Dearest is the newest standalone novel from Penelope Ward. While this book is related to Stepbrother Dearest, it is a complete standalone story. That being said, I would recommend that if you plan to read both of these books that you start with Stepbrother Dearest if you haven't already read it, though that isn't necessary. Not only will there be some things spoiled for that book here, but I think you get a better understanding of Chelsea if you have already read SD. 

After getting her heart broken, the last thing Chelsea needs is to move next door to someone who reminds her so much of her ex. Damien was hot, but he had a bad attitude and his noisy dogs were a source of constant irritation for Chelsea. But after Chelsea finds out that Damien has been listening in on her conversations, they begin talking and strike up an unlikely friendship. Though Damien made it clear that all they could be was friends, they both find themselves falling for one another. 

I will admit that I was a bit worried about how I would feel before starting this book. As a huge fan of Elec and Greta, Chelsea was the obstacle that I desperately wanted out of the way. But getting to know her better here, I liked her more than I expected. There were times that I felt a bit torn with how Chelsea and Damien viewed Elec, and I understand that he had hurt Chelsea badly. But I also just couldn't bring myself to be mad at Elec, even with everything that had happened. I thought that Damien and Chelsea were great together though, and it was so obvious that these two were made for each other. I was so glad that Chelsea met Damien, as their chemistry and connection was so strong. I enjoyed seeing them get to know one another after how things started off for them here.

Overall, this was a great story. Everything I have read from Penelope Ward has been fantastic, and Neighbor Dearest was no exception. I couldn't put it down, and I had to keep reading to see what would happen for these two. If you are a fan of Stepbrother Dearest, I highly recommend this one. This one is easily read as a standalone story though, so don't let that stop you if you haven't read Elec and Greta's story yet. Penelope Ward is a great writer though, so I definitely recommend checking both of these books out as well as anything else with her name on it. I can't wait to see what she writes next, and I know that whatever she is writing, I will be reading.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment