in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, July 2, 2016

ARC Review: Into the Nothing by BT Urruela


Into the Nothing is the first solo novel from BT Urruela, and I couldn't wait to read it! I loved his collaboration, A Lover's Lament, with KL Grayson and I was really curious to see how his voice would be on his own. I am happy to say that I really enjoyed Into the Nothing, and I look forward to reading more from BT in the future and seeing how his talent continues to grow as he writes even more.

Xander Evans has spent the last several years traveling working towards his end goal of winding up in Washington. His childhood was painful, spending most of his time in foster care after a tragedy cost him both of his parents. When he stops in Truman Valley, Missouri, everything changes. There he meets Paige and her family, and after standing up for Paige her father offers him a job at their winery. Xander quickly finds a home with the Watsons, but fights his attraction to Paige so as not to disrespect her father. But soon they can't stop the feelings between them and things appear to finally be going well for them. But then one night changes everything, and Xander finds himself in prison for life. 

I liked both Paige and Xander. I felt like they were great for one another and I loved how Paige and her family welcomed Xander right away. They didn't judge him or look down on him and they were really genuine and kind people. I felt the chemistry and attraction between Paige and Xander from the start, and I loved getting to see them open up to one another as they got to know one another better. I believed in their connection right away, and they just fit really well together. The one thing I will say though is that I wished for a bit more depth to their characters. While we did get some of Xander's past and there was a connection forming, at times things felt surface deep. They got a bit lost in everything going on, and I would have loved to have seen more of their emotional connection explored.

I really did like the story though, and the characters were great. I liked the secondary characters as much as the main characters and felt like they added a lot to the story. I was surprised by the big twist and will admit that I did not have it figured out. I though I knew exactly what was happening and it turns out I was wrong, which I absolutely loved! The only other criticism I had here was that the ending felt a bit rushed to me. It all seemed to wrap up a bit quickly, and I would have liked to have seen a bit more of their future and how things all played out after all that had happened. That said though, this was a solid effort for BT Urruela on his first solo novel and I think that he has a really great writing career ahead of him. I look forward to reading more from him in the future and can't wait to see what he does next. If you are looking for something a bit different, this is definitely one worth checking out!

**ARC Provided by Southern Belle Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





1 comments :

  1. Oh good! I'm glad you liked it, Casey. I want to read this one, too. I like that it had a good twist and it took you by surprise. Those are fun.

    ReplyDelete