in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 16, 2016

ARC Review: Stirring Attraction by Sara Jane Stone


Stirring Attraction is the second book in the Second Shot series by Sara Jane Stone. Each book is a standalone story, so you do not need to read these in order to understand them. I have enjoyed everything that I have read from Sara Jane Stone before, and I think that if you are a fan of contemporary romance her books are ones worth reading. 

Dominic and Lily were together before he left to be an Army Ranger. Though he always planned to come back to Lily, a career ending injury left him broken so he stayed away from her. But when Dominic finds out that Lily has been attacked, he heads home to keep her safe. Though Lily has missed Dominic and still wants him, she is also afraid that as soon as she is out of danger he will leave her once again. But as the attraction between them heats up once more, so does the danger. Can Lily and Dominic get through it and find a future together, or will Dominic leave Lily yet again?

I liked both Dominic and Lily. You could see that these two really loved one another despite all the time and distance between them. I never once questioned the feelings between them though. I will admit that Dominic was frustrating here though. While I understood him being broken, I hate that he had left Lily and hurt her. Lily just wanted Dominic, and yet he didn't seem to be able to see that. Lily had never stopped caring about Dominic, yet she was scared to put herself back out there with Dominic after how he had hurt her before. I really felt for her, and I hated that she had been through that. These two had a lot of chemistry though, and I was glad that while they were apart there weren't a ton of other people between them. It was refreshing to see a couple that genuinely loved and cared about each other that didn't start sleeping around despite that just because they weren't together. 

Overall, this was a good story and I did like the characters even when I was a bit frustrated. There were some times that things felt a bit repetitive and I found myself skimming. While I liked the story, I didn't love it. I also felt like I was a bit more invested in the secondary characters here and I found myself wanting to get more of them than the main characters at times. I am looking forward to the next in the series and seeing what Sara Jane Stone has in store for them. I think if you are a fan of second chance romance or contemporary romance novels, this series is one worth checking out. Sara Jane Stone is a great writer and I enjoyed Stirring Attraction.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 



0 comments :

Post a Comment