in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, June 10, 2016

ARC Review: Chasing Lady Amelia by Maya Rodale


I’ve been waiting for “Chasing Lady Amelia” by Maya Rodale for so long… I could not believe when I finally had a copy in my hands to read. First, I loved, loved, loved the first book in the series, “Lady Bridget’s Diary.” It was such an amazing read and I devoured it. Even though I was fascinated by Lord Dary and Lady Bridget my interest was piqued when I read about Amelia. “Chasing Lady Amelia” is a story that is parallel to “Lady Bridget’s Diary.”

First, Maya Rodale is such a gifted story-teller. She has such a magical way of bringing her characters to life that they seem real and they are fascinating. Lady Amelia was such a great character. Her energy, charisma and personality jumped off the pages. There are many funny moments, comical, just like in the previous book. Just like Lady Bridget, Amelia has a very hard time fitting in, but unlike Lady Bridget, she doesn’t care. Amelia feels stifled by all the rules that she has to follow. She loves her family very much but she wants to be her own person and feels like she doesn’t fit into London society.

If anyone knows about being an outcast it’s Alistair Finlay-Jones. Alistair has been out of London for many years and is also an outsider. When he is asked to marry and marry well Lady Amelia becomes a big salvation for him. Finally, he can make amends for his ways and win his families favor. Alistair sees Lady Amelia drunk in the street one day, he takes her in and doesn’t know who she is. When fortune smiles down on him he starts to follow her around London. The more time that Alistair and Amelia spend together the more they like each other and the more they realize that they are meant to be together.

Rodale is such a great author! I just love to read her. I have to say that the only part I had a hard time with was the span of the plot. Amelia and Alistair spend two days together and that is the entire book. It would have been more believable if it had been longer than just that. Nonetheless, this was a great story, and I’m already impatient for Lady Claire’s story!

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment