in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

ARC Review: A Beautiful Sin by A.M. Hargrove and Terri E. Laine


I couldn't wait to get my hands on A Beautiful Sin by A.M. Hargrove and Terri E. Laine. Not only am I a huge fan of them as individuals and a writing team, but I LOVE forbidden romance stories. They are one of my guilty pleasures and who wouldn't be intrigued by a story about a hot priest! I enjoyed this one and I am already anxious for the next book from these two. 

Canaan has known since he was a boy that he wanted to marry the church. He loved God and was determined to dedicate his life to becoming a priest and serving Him. He never struggled with that until Haven. Never before has he touched or kissed another, but he finds himself drawn to Haven in a way that he has never felt before.

I liked Canaan and Haven, but I had a bit of a tough time relating to them. I could feel their attraction for one another and I did think that they were forming a connection. But things progressed pretty slowly here, and I felt like by the time we saw anything really happen the book was over. It felt rushed and as though these two had circled around one another for most of the book just to be thrown together at the end. As much as I was rooting for them to be together despite it all, there were times I just wasn't really feeling it between them. I think part of that was that things seemed too easy despite how difficult things actually should have been with Haven's feelings early on and their circumstances. Things might have moved slowly overall, but there wasn't a lot that really caused problems for them and that just didn't feel realistic. 

I also felt like the story was a bit predictable towards the end. I guessed what was going to happen and I wasn't entirely on board with it. Things got repetitive and I found myself bored at times, wishing that things would pick up and make progress. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the story, I just felt like the second half was a bit too slow and lost some of the momentum from the first half of the story. I struggled a bit with what to rate this one, and I would say it is somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. I did like it though, and I think that A.M. Hargrove and Terri E. Laine make a great team. I have enjoyed everything that I have read from them, and this was no exception. I am looking forward to seeing what else they write in the future.

**ARC Provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment