in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

ARC Review: Scarred by C.M. Steele


Arrrrrgh, I tried I really tried but this just wasn't right. The book is super short so let me just start by saying that maybe that is what the issue is. To be fair, if you are looking for something really quick and easy, this book is definitely that. If you like insta-love/lust, this book is that too (I actually like that). I'm really trying to put all the good stuff up front but honestly I'm running out of things to say. Other than that, the book just doesn't fit together. Something about the actual writing of the story is off.

I didn't get any connection between Dex and Elena. There may not have been enough pages for it to develop and it didn't. This was a couple that you couldn't really root for because there was no opportunity to invest in their relationship. The sex was just ok and the parts of the book where the characters talked to one another were something less than ok. I just felt like everything was really rushed and lacked consistency. The rotating POVs were giving me a headache because they were changing too quickly and I couldn't figure out who the heck was talking or thinking.

The couple were both virgins and that was awkward. I'm just not here for that sort of thing. I don't know if them being virgins made me hypersensitive to things being cheesy but some of the stuff they were saying to each other made me want to claw my eyes out, it was just uggggh.

I'm sorry, there may be a good book somewhere in here but I couldn't find it. I think some more time needs to be devoted to developing the story line and expanding it. I would be willing to give this author another try but this book did nothing for me.

**ARC provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon |


0 comments :

Post a Comment